IT and Business working together in agile projects
Many software projects suffer from the clash between IT and Business departments:
1) The client requests a new feature.
2) The team develops the code, tests it, and release it.
3) The client rejects the work, undermining the team’s morale.
4) The supportive project manager takes the hit, encourages the team, and passes the ball back to the client.
An effective project manager should know how to change the game, getting Business and IT to collaborate effectively, managing the work as an agile project.
Collaborative Roles on Project Management
In the Project Economy, projects need people collaborating as a team from different perspectives. PMPeople does not prevent direct communication needed at all projects. However, it can optimize management helping the interaction between people belonging to the extended project team.
The CxO role in the Project Economy
What should be the role of a top manager in the project economy? For a CEO, for instance, a project is just a means to get a product, service, or result. They are more interested in operation management than in project management. How should they behave in the project economy? Should they blindly trust on self-organized teams?
- Business (16)
- Demand Management Roles (12)
- Frequently Asked Questions (7)
- Guide (26)
- People (23)
- Process (9)
- Project Management (65)
- Supply Management Roles (5)
- Training (6)
- Uncategorized (1)